Jesus Magazine was launched in 1990 in response to a readership survey indicating a need for a Gospel Komiks publication for young elementary students (approximately Grades 1 to 4).
The magazine is a supplementary reading material for Christian living classes. Teachers and catechists use it for religious instruction and inspiration. It comes out 5 times per school year starting June-July.
Jesus Magazine has been cited a number of times as a finalist for the Catholic Mass Media Awards.
Jesus Magazine features attractively illustrated stories and articles with accompanying teachers’ guides. It contains fun learning exercises that
help children grow in their understanding of thefaith.
Every issue features interesting sections on:
- Self-Awareness for the Growing Child
- Environmental Matters
- Kiddie Workshop
- Alamin ang Tunay na Atin
- Introduces the young reader to the knowledge of God and the Catholic faith
- Develops the awareness of children as human beings with needs, abilities and responsibilities
- Teaches young readers good Christian values and habits
- Motivates young readers to practise the faith in their daily lives by way of thoughts, actions and prayer