CFA'S Priority Themes
To further espouse the CFA vision and mission, CFA confirmed its (now) four priority development themes: Citizenship Education, Poverty Alleviation, Environmental Concern, and the latest addition, Family Integrity.
Citizenship education is essentially training and motivating people to become good citizens—not just of the country, but of the human race. CFA believes that developing a sense of identity, respect for human rights, love of country and community, and social awareness helps build good citizens and responsible persons. Inspiring and empowering Filipinos to get involved in community affairs and national issues is basic to development communication.
- • Develop a generation that is media and information literate and responsible advocates for change
- • Instill national stewardship and democratic ideals
CFA is convinced that poverty alleviation should address not just hunger, homelessness or lack of basic services, but more importantly powerlessness, oppression and lack of freedom. Therefore, there is an imperative to break inaction.
- • Widen economic opportunities of the marginalized groups through communication capacity-building
In upholding the integrity of creation, CFA subscribes to the concept of “sustainable development”. It is development that allows the provision of today’s needs without compromising the future.
- • Develop channels for dialogue on information and education about pollution, global warming and environmental abuses among stakeholders
- • Engage the youth to implement practical mitigations for environment degradation
The heart of social transformation is values formation. Since the family is the primary hub where values formation are strengthened and nurtured, CFA added this fourth priority theme. We believe that the family plays a vital role in the pricess of total human devlopment.
- • Create encounters of positive and transformative communication within and across families and communities